With students working in a remote environment, it can sometimes be difficult for your site instructional support staff to provide the needed services to all students on a daily basis (especially in a crowded Google Meet space). In these situations, the Hapara Teacher Dashboard can really help to save time and maximize support for students.
The teacher dashboard allows staff to see exactly what students are working on, send targeted text messages (which only that specific student will see), share out specific URLs, links to private Meetings and more.
Although only teachers with a set roster of students in PowerSchool will have their Hapara accounts & classrooms provisioned AUTOMATICALLY, any staff member can create their own CUSTOM student classrooms by following the instructions below…
- Have your school principal submit a request to http://helpdesk.susd12.org to grant you site-wide access to all students in Hapara. Approval should take between 24 to 48 hours to process.
- Once your account is activated, log-in to https://www.teacherdashboard.com/ with your district Google account.
- In the upper-right hand corner of the page, click the blue Add or Sync class button.
- Provide a NAME for your group of students that will help you to identify it later (eg. Grade 7 ED Support 2020.S1).
- Under Learners click on the Add New button and then enter the GMail Address for each student you would like to add to your class (see below).
Remember that you can always return to this list and add or remove students later by clicking on the Class Info tab. Now that you have created your new student group, the class will appear on your DASHBOARD whenever you log-in to Hapara Teacher Dashboard.