Manage Meeting Attendees
Hosts can control access to their meeting by turning “Quick Access” on or off.
By default, this setting will be on.
When “Quick access” is on:
- Participants in the SUSD domain do not need to knock to request to join the meeting.
- Participants joining by phone do not need to knock to request to join the meeting.
- Participants can dial-out from within the meeting.
When “Quick access” is turned off:
- All users, including participants in the SUSD domain, must knock to request to join the meeting unless they’re on the calendar invite. This includes any users who are dialing into the meeting by phone.
- Any participants invited from within the meeting by anyone other than the host need to knock to request to join.
- Only the host can dial-out from within the meeting.
Hosts can turn “Quick Access” on or off as often as they would like from Google Meet once the meeting has started. Note: This option is not available on mobile devices.
If you’re unable to turn the features on or off, it’s possible that you have a Chrome extension for Meet that is preventing the Quick Access features from working. Try turning your Meet Chrome extensions off to fix the issue.
- When “Quick access” is off, the host must join the meeting first. Until the host joins, participants will see the message: “Waiting for the Host to Join: The meeting will start as soon as the host has joined.”
- Hosts can turn “Quick access” on or off for meetings created in Google Calendar in addition to those created from Google Meet.
How to turn Quick Access On/Off
- Select the blue security icon at the bottom left of the Google Meet Screen.
- Use the Quick Access toggle button to turn Quick Access on/off.
- For a more in depth explanation of the features, click “View all host settings” (Highlighted in yellow).
- You will see an explanation of the Quick Access Tools.