Start or open a Google Jamboard while in a Google Meet. A Jamboard is a virtual dry erase board where you can brainstorm ideas in real time with others.
You can only start or open a Jamboard during a Meet call if you joined the Google Meet on a computer.
Google Meet participants on a mobile device or tablet will get a link to a Jamboard file and be sent to the Jamboard app.
Start or Open a Jamboard in a Google Meet
- In the video call at the bottom right, click More options
- Select : Whiteboard (Open a Jam)
- To create a new Jamboard, click Start a new whiteboard.
To open an existing Jamboard from your drive, shared drives, or computer, click Choose from Drive.
The Jamboard will open in a new tab and a link is shared automatically in the Meeting chat stream.
- People on the calendar invite and in the SUSD domain are automatically given edit access to the Jamboard once shared.
People are given view-only access by default. You’ll need to grant them edit access to the Jamboard.
- People not on the calendar invite but in the SUSD domain are given edit access if the Jamboard is shared after they’ve joined the video call.
Important: You’ll need to give access to any people who join the Google Meet after the Jamboard is shared.