As teachers work to set up gradebooks for the new Hybrid Term (see link here for details), you may want to consider TRANSFERRING some (or all) student assignments from your Q1 class section to your Q2 section.
Fortunately, PowerTeacher Pro makes this process easy by simply following the steps outlined below.
The FIRST thing you will want to do is to replicate the Q1 assignments in Q2 (if they don’t already exist).
- From your PowerTeacher Pro dashboard, click on the Grading tab and then select Assignment List.
- In the upper-right hand corner of the page, click on the GEAR icon and then select Copy Assignments.
- Select the class which you would like to transfer assignments FROM and then pick which class you’re transferring the scores TO
- Under DUE DATES, you are going to want to select the Existing option as these are not NEW assignments, but rather, recreations of Q1 records.
- You can now select any assignments from the list which you would like to replicate into your new section.
FINALLY, once the Q1 assignments have been replicated in your Q2 section, you can import grade values for these assignments. If you only have a handful of students (e.g. ten or less) moving from your Q1 section to the Q2, it’s probably quicker and easier to just enter scores by hand. However, if you’re working with a larger number of students, you can replicate grade values by Exporting and then Importing scores back into your gradebook.
To Export grade values, go the specific assignment you would like to pull from and click on the GEAR icon in the top-right corner of the page. Select the option Export Scores Template.
- When prompted to “Include Scores”, select the option for “YES”.
- A .csv file spreadsheet will now be created with all student assignment scores. Save this file on your computer or in DRIVE.
- When you open the file, you will want to DELETE the first seven rows (ie. the “header rows” as these will cause an error when you import).
You are now ready to Import these grade values into your new section.
- In PowerTeacher Pro, navigate to the new assignment you have created and click on the GEAR icon.
- Select the option Import Scores
- Under File, click the Browse Files button and then select the file you just saved in the steps above.
- Verify the names of the students on your list and then click the green IMPORT button.
You should now see a list of all student scores imported into the assignment. These scores should now be calculated into the 18 week cumulative term for the student grade.