You are able to blur your background in Google Meet or replace your background with an image. These features can be used to limit distractions during video calls.
Change Background to Blur or Add an Image.
Important: Replace your background with an image is not yet available on mobile devices.
To blur your background, enable your camera.
Before a video call
- Open the Meet app select a meeting.
- Before you join, on the bottom of your self view, tap Blur your background
- Turn blur on and off or replace your background with an image.
- Click Join Now.
During a Video Call
- Select the 3 dots at the bottom right of your screen..
- Select Change Background to turn blur on and off or replace your background with an image.
- Select to blur your background or select an image for the background.
- Click the x at the top right to exit.
To see how your background looks, check your self view.