As with the Google Classroom settings for Q2, during Quarter 3/Semester 2 teachers will need to continue to manage your student rosters in Google Classroom manually to insure that all students within the new semester will be able to connect to assignments and Google Meet sessions.
Because students’ ability to connect remotely on the first day of the semester (Monday, January 4th, 2021) is dependent on teachers having their rosters set up, schools will be responsible for the following deadlines.
- School administrators should have all student rosters for Semester 2 set up by no later than the end of the day on Thursday, December 17th.
- Teachers will have all NEW students added to their Google Classroom rosters BEFORE leaving for winter break by the end of the day on Friday, December 18th. For a refresher on how to manage your rosters in Google Classroom click this link.
NOTE: Teachers may want to hold off on REMOVING Q2/S1 students from your Google Classroom roster until AFTER all grading and assessments are completed as assignments are much more difficult to locate once a student has been removed from your Google Classroom roster.
REMEMBER: An important step to allow both students and administrators to quickly LOCATE your Google Classroom is to add the link to your PowerSchool Gradebook by following the steps below.
- Copy the link for your Google Classroom page (click here for instructions).
- In your PowerSchool Gradebook click on Settings and then select Class Descriptions.
3. Paste the URL link for your Google Classroom page in the Class Description box. Remember to click the green SAVE button along the bottom of the page when you’re done.
Thanks and if you have any issues or questions surrounding your Google Classroom page management, please submit your request to http://helpdesk.susd12.org