Right now Google Meet allows users to use captions in English. Soon you will see four more languages that have been added to Closed Captioning in Google Meet: French, German, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain).
Turn Captions On or Off
- Join a video call.
- At the bottom, click Turn on captions or Turn off captions .
Change the Language
3. At the bottom of the video call screen, click Menu .
4. Select Captions .
5. Choose a language.
6. Click Apply.
- Captions setting will also be “sticky.” This means that if you turn them on or off during a meeting, they will be saved, along with the chosen language, for future meetings.
- If the captions are covered by your call controls, wait for the bottom bar to hide.
- If you record a video call, captions are not recorded and won’t appear when the recording plays.