School Starts August 5th!
Students will be logging in to their classrooms 3 times per day where they will interact live with their teacher and classmates, work in small groups, and access resources and receive assignments. Attendance will be taken during the Login times. LOGIN SCHEDULE
What do we do on the First Day of School?
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR KINDER AND 1ST GRADE PARENTS
The Google Classroom app on your iPad is currently experiencing problems when trying to open your list of Google Classrooms. This is a known issue that Apple is working on. The recommended work-around is to use the Chrome browser rather than the app to access your Google Classroom. To do this open Chrome and go to https://classroom.google.com/
Students will login to their Google Classrooms for class everyday. Watch the video below to find out how.
The following resources are designed to support students and families learning remotely.
Or you can browse all posts for remote learning.
What is Remote Learning in Sunnyside?
Learning will occur completely in a remote (at home), online model with expectations for independent learning experiences. Here are the details we have to share with you today:
- Remote learning will take place five full days per week
- Students will be expected to be logged in to their device everyday and interact live with their teacher(s) at certain times, a minimum of three times per day
- Expectations for student attendance and engagement will be in place and feedback/grades will be provided to assess student progress
- Students virtually attend class sessions with their teachers in addition to learning tasks off-line
- Allows for students to be connected to their teachers, peers, and curriculum remotely due to the Governor’s Executive Order
- Sunnyside teachers will facilitate online learning utilizing Sunnyside curriculum which will provide the same rigorous curriculum that would have been offered in person
- Kinder – 1st grade students will be assigned iPads for participating in remote learning
- 2nd – 12th grade students will be assigned Chromebooks for participating in remote learning
- Please expect further communication from your school about picking up devices
- Accommodations and supports based on student needs will be provided (IEPs, 504s, ELLs, etc.)
- Manipulatives and additional supplies needed for remote learning may be provided
- Social and emotional learning and the needs and concerns of students and families will be prioritized
- Your site will communicate information about extra-curricular activities
Need Internet Access?
Click here for a list of ways to get Internet access:
Need a computer?
All students will be provided a learning device for this school year.
Kinder and 1st grade students will receive an iPad
2nd – 12th grade students will be receive a Chromebook
Contact your school office to arrange to pickup your device as soon as possible.
How can I help my student be ready for Remote Learning?
What Do I Need to Know About Remote Learning?
How do I check student attendance, assignments, and grades?
The best way to check for daily assignments and due dates is to use your students’ device to go to https://app.mystudentdashboard.com/. This is the student portal for teacher assignments made in Google Classroom. To learn more about how to use this student portal, visit the link here.
To check on student daily attendance and term grades, parents should use the SUSD Parent Portal. If you have never used the Parent Portal, contact your students’ school office and use the directions linked here to get started.
What if I’m having trouble connecting to the internet at home?
If you aren’t connected to the Internet, you can still view and edit your Google files. Follow the directions to set up your Chromebook for offline working. Any changes made to files while offline will then sync in Google Drive once the student is connected back online. Remember that you can see a list of available Wi-Fi signal hotspots in the district by clicking this link.
What other resources are available for students to learn from home?
Use this Library Resource Page to to access resources such as the Library Catalog, SUSD Digital Library/eBooks, Pima County Public Library, Word Book Encyclopedia, Big Universe, EPIC! Library, Tumble Books and More!
How can I keep my kids safe when they’re online at home?
Following the basic tips for keeping your kids safe online (linked here) will go a long way toward helping your students avoid the dangers online.